Introduction to GitHub
Learn what GitHub is and how you can use it to contribute to open source!
Github Basics Video
GitHub is a collaborative platform that allows users to contribute to projects seperately, and then all come together and create one main project. GitHub allows anyone who wants to contribute to something work on it, and allows them to add it to the main code, or branch.Read More
Hacktoberfest is an annual event that takes place every October in the spirit of open source and collaboration. For more information, Click Here!
How to help out P2P Hack Club and win a free T-Shirt!
Working on your first Pull Request? You can learn how from this free series How to Contribute to an Open Source Project on GitHub.
Before you start, please read our Code of Conduct.
- Choose one of our participating repositories:
Look through the issues (in the issues tab), and find a feature to contribute/a bug to fix.
- TIP: Issues labeled "first-timers-only" are for first time contributors. These issues are generally simple fixes to help you get the hang of the contribution process.
- If there aren't any issues, create one! There's always something to improve, even if someone hasn't asked for a specific improvement yet.
- Address the issue by creating a pull request.
- Submit the pull request for review.
- Make any requested changes from project maintainers.
- Booyah! Your PR is merged into the repository!